Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Ghostface Killah Discusses "Supreme Clientele 2" & "Wu Block 2"

Ghosface Killa also says he's working on Raekwon's forthcoming album.



Ghostface Killah says he has a number of projects in the works.

“[I’m] helping Rae finish up his album,” the Wu-Tang Clan member says in a video from Video Music Box. "Then I got the Supreme Clientele #2. I’m just working. I’m just working. Me and Sheek Louch [are doing] another Wu Block album. It’s just a lot of things happening.”

Last month, Raekwon discussed the release of his forthcoming album on B Real’s Smoke Box series. “My next move is this next album I’ve been working on,” he said. “It’s called Fly International Luxurious Art. It’s a long title but that’s how I felt right now. It’s a fly album though. You know me. That’s my thing. I like to make a body of work that I could put in people’s cars and they could just listen to it.”

In February 2013, Ghostface Killah said that Supreme Clientele 2: Blue & Cream is scheduled for release this summer and that it could possibly arrive as early as July.

"Blue & Cream, hopefully this summer,” he said at the time. “Hopefully this summer. Maybe like August or something like that. I’m going to try for August, September or maybe July, but I think August might sound more reasonable if I can do it. I shouldn't set it, because sometimes when I say a date, it don't ever [stick]. But I gotta put it out because I've been sitting in it going on three years."

The first Wu Block album featured members of the Wu-Tang Clan and D-Block and was released in 2012. An unofficial version of the tracklist for Wu Block 2 was released last month. 

Kool DJ Red Alert, who was conducting the interview with Ghostface Killah, asked the rapper what it was like appearing on television, likely referring to his role on the VH1 program Couples Therapy, on which Ghostface Killah appeared.

“It is what it is,” Ghostface Killah says. "Cameras is my thing. I do what I do, but cameras is me. It’s all good.” 



1 comment :

Kim said...

Here's hoping for lots of Ghost cameos on Rae's 'F.I.L.A.'